Discuss the new Post Time Daily 2.0

Moderators: ptssupport, Michael Pizzolla, mhrussell

Great Advice And Insights From A Handicapping Magician

Postby Michael Pizzolla » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi all,

This isn't strictly about Post Time Daily, but I got an email today that made me happy--happy that someone had incorporated the principles of value finding that I've been talking about for all these years into his work successfully.

I couldn't have put these principles better myself, and I'm still smiling from ear to ear.

Thank you, R, for allowing me to share your insights!

All the best,

Michael

Dear Michael,

For whatever reason, this New Year's Day was a time of reflection and looking back on my approach to horse racing. I will never forget the day an appointment was late and I walked to a newstand to buy something to read and saw an ad for your book, which led to buying tapes, software, seminars, etc. In a nutshell, here's how your work has been a fundamental part of a positive transformation in my game:

Speed ratings are estimates, not gospel, and a figure of 72 is not all that different to a 75

Horses really don't know about class levels and solid prices are very "gettable" by not worrying about fit horses moving up the so called ladder

But my favorite of all............ horses don't have to be on lead to show improved early speed and I have had more than my share of big prices in the last 6 months playing with the philosophy that a horse "can have good condition with bad form" if that bad finish was a result of dramatic improvment in the first two calls.

As always, thank you for your time and insights, and here's to a profitable 2008.
Michael Pizzolla
Site Admin

Forum Statistics