Support For RaceMaker Software.

Moderator: rmania

The Benefits of Visual Handicapping

Postby rmania » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:06 am

"Visual" is the term I use to describe how races are handicapped using RaceMaker as, for the most part, you are looking at images vs. numbers.

That in itself is the biggest benefit that visual handicapping affords. I know, through experience using more common approaches , that its easy to get lost in all of the numbers and it usually results in missing something of great value. About the only numbers important in RaceMaker are the RMS Ratings which are used for determining pattern recognition, which, in turn, leads to the application of regression/improvement amounts.

Another benefit from visual handicapping is that its much easier to identify how each race “shapes up”. Since, with sprints, the majority of horses will almost repeat their first ½ mile effort from their previous race, you get a quicker and more vivid idea as to which horses will be on the lead and which ones will be coming from off the pace. Too further liven things up, the simulations in RaceMaker are perfect for communicating with the brain. Which leads to the next benefit.

You know the old saying “a picture is worth a thousand words” (or in this case numbers), well, the saying is suggesting than the brain processes images far faster than words or numbers.

I’m sure there are more benefits than I’ve listed but I’ll hold off too see if anyone else can think of any.
rmania
RaceMaker Author

Forum Statistics